As mentioned in my 3 Things To Add To My April To Do List! post, i was stoked when Song Of Style uploaded a post containing the recipe to her hyped raw bars! I have always been a granola gal, and when i heard that her recipe is all-natural, all-easy, all-good, i know that i have to try it out for myself. Apparently, the raw bars are also gaining popularity over on Instagram, I have also seen people starting to sell batches of these at 12 bars for $25!
So, here’s my take on SOS’s recipe! I have tried following her recipe really closely a couple of times but couldn’t the outcome i want, so i changed it a bit! Also, the best place to get ALL of these ingredients is Cold Storage. I have tried Giant, Sheng Shiong and NTUC but they don’t carry every single ingredient that i need.
You will need :
2 Cups of Quick Oats
1/2 cup of chia seeds
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of olive oil
10 MEDJOOL dates (not Safawi or any other type of dates, you NEED Medjool)
1/2 cup of walnuts
Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Spread olive oil onto parchment paper/baking sheet
- Mix the OAT + CHIA SEEDS + SUNFLOWER SEEDS + COCONUT OIL. Keep mixing it till the oats are evenly coated with oil.
- Spread the granola mixture on the prepped parchment paper/baking sheet
- Bake for 10 mins, stir the granola mixture, bake for another 5 mins
- While baking, chop the Medjool dates and walnuts in a separate bowl
- Take out the granola and leave it to cool for 5-10 mins
- Once cooled, mix the granola into the bowl with the dates & walnuts
- Mix it proper, until that they are completely combined and become a sticky mixture
- Take a glass dish, line it with parchment paper and pour the mixture in.
- Evenly press the mixture and sprinkle coconut flakes on top
- Place the glass dish in the freezer for 3-4 hours
- Take out, slice and serve!
- For storage, you can wrap them up and store them in the fridge.
Tadaaaa! It is so simple, so delicious and all naturally good. Give it a try and let me know if it works for you too! Enjoy!