Small disclaimer : This is an authentic recipe from my mom. Thanks Ibu for agreeing to share with the world! ❤
You need the following……..
For the crust:
- 24 Oreos crushed (without fillings)
- 6 table spoons of butter, melted
For the filling:
- 3 packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup of condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of crushed oreos (with fillings)
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup of salted caramel (another alternative you can use is apricot jam)
- Extra crushed oreos (without fillings)
Now you got the ingredients, just follow these instructions!
- Pre heat oven at 170 degree celcius.
- To prepare the crust, mix crushed oreos + melted butter. Press crushed mixture into a springform pan. Chill the pan in a freezer.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, combine all cheesecake filling ingredients. Mix them until fully combined and spread it evenly over oreo crust.
- Place cheesecake in oven and bake for 45 mins. To know the doneness, just shake the pan gently and the centre of the cheesecake should jiggle slightly.
- Switch the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 30 mins with door slightly ajar.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and let it rest at room temperature on the countertop.
- Spread salted caramel sauce on the baked cheesecake! Sprinkle remaining oreos as desired.
- Finally, place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill before serving!
Easy ain’t it? Have fun trying!